Java Based Applications: The Most Popular and Yet the Most Vulnerable?
According to the 2017 State of Software Security Report, nearly 90% of Java applications contain one or more vulnerable component, making them ideal breach points for hostile attackers.
Although Java has come a long way from its development in 1995, cyber crime has also spread, reaching epidemic levels, increasing the need for secure Java developers, regardless of whether they’re creating a new program or upgrading an old one.
The Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE) program provides a comprehensive application security approach which encompasses security activities involved in all of the phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Java Developers with a minimum of 2 years of experience and individuals who want to become application security engineers/analysts/testers.
• Individuals involved in the role of developing, testing, managing, or protecting applications (e.g. project managers and any job profiles across all phases of SDLC).
Total Training Hours – 24
The CASE exam can be challenged after attending the official CASE training. Candidates that successfully pass the exam will receive their CASE certificate and membership privileges. Members are expected to adhere to the policies of EC-Council’s Continuing Education Requirements.
• Complete the official EC-Council CASE training through an accredited EC-Council Partner (Accredited Training Centre/ iWeek/ iLearn) (All candidates are required to pay the USD100 application fee unless your training fee already includes this) or
• be an ECSP (.NET/ Java) member in good standing (you need not pay a duplicate application fee, as this fee has already been paid) or
• have a minimum of 2 years working experience in InfoSec/Software domain (you will need to pay USD 100 as a non-refundable application fee) or
• have any other industry equivalent certifications such as GSSP .NET/Java (you will need to pay USD 100 as a non-refundable application fee
The CASE Java program is designed to be a hands-on, comprehensive application security training course that trains software developers on the critical security skills and knowledge required throughout a typical software development life cycle (SDLC), focusing on the importance of the implementation of secure methodologies and practices required in today’s insecure operating environment.
CASE professionals can get the better of security challenges across all phases of SDLC to rise above the title of an ordinary developer. CASE professionals often become Project Managers, utilizing their learning in the SSDLC, making them unique and valuable resources.
All attendees will receive