The EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES) program introduces professionals and students to the field of cryptography. The participants will learn the foundations of modern symmetric and key cryptography including the details of algorithms such as Feistel Functions, DES, and AES. ECES provides necessary skills to perform effective deployment of encryption technologies. It is a comprehensive course covering various algorithms, the key concepts behind those algorithms, applications of the cryptography in various ways and performing cryptanalysis.
• Understanding the cryptography allows you to make informed choices
• A person successfully completing this course will be able to select the encryption standard that is most beneficial to their organization and understand how to effectively deploy that technology
• Without understanding he cryptography at some depth, people are limited to only marketing hype of information security solutions
• Knowledge of cryptanalysis is very beneficial for ethical hackers and penetration testing professionals as most penetration testing courses skip cryptanalysis completely.
No prior knowledge of cryptography is assumed, and no mathematical skills beyond basic algebra are required.
• Penetration Testers and Computer Forensics Specialists
• Cloud Security architects, designers, and developers
• Anyone involved in selecting and implementing VPNs or digital certificates, Information Security Operations
• Anyone involved in developing Operating Systems, Cryptography Systems, Blockchain based solutions, etc.
3 days / 20 hours
(9:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
The EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES) may be taken on the last day of training (optional). Students need to pass the online exam to receive ECES certification.
• Exam Title: EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist
• Exam Code: 212-81
• Number of Questions: 50
• Duration: 2 hours
• Exam Availability: EC-Council Exam Portal
• Test Format: Multiple Choice
• Passing Score: 70%